Elder White in Peten

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Elder White Had BAPTISM ON SATURDAY!

May 25, 2011

Week 13

Hey y’all,

Well life is awesome! We had zone conference yesterday and interviews on Monday. It was awesome! My desire to serve and help people grew so much yesterday. I have a renewed desire to share the Book of Mormon with people and how it can change their lives. We talked to President Torres about our investigators who said they weren’t ready to be baptized this Saturday. He said that their problem was that they were not reading the Book of Mormon enough.

That really hit me because I know in my life while reading the Book of Mormon I feel the Spirit so much and just have a greater desire to follow the commandments. So after zone conference we had an amazing lesson with them and they are going to be ready to be baptized on Saturday. It is Marvin y Zoila who got married a couple of weeks ago beats me when it was. Time here is so weird. Our numbers for this zone sucked!

We really have a desire to further progress this work in the area. My comp and I are working hard to get stuff going in our area. The Lord really has blessed us because of our work. But there is always room for improvement, a lot of it. We got a new curfew now because of the stuff that happened in Peten. We now have to be in by 7 at night. It sucks because that is when we get really good lessons, but I know that it is for our good and am trying to accept it without complaining.

Our area isn’t really crazy so luckily we don’t get in the boonies, our little area is awesome and feels really safe. But with that said we are definitely making a conscious effort to be on the look out and stay safe. I am so excited for this Saturday, I really have grown to love Marvin y Zoila and really hope they stay strong and get sealed. It would be so awesome to go to the temple with them.

During zone conference I realized that questions are amazing! I finally realize why Dad always asked me questions and made me think through them. Why tell people when they can figure it out themselves and actually learn it. That is my goal now to just teach with questions a lot more. Get people to learn and keep what they learn.

I loved zone conference and I know that President Torres is called of God. I can’t wait to meet the new President Watts. He gets in the end of next month. I love this work and I learn so much everyday. I am growing so much and am so thankful for this opportunity to be here in Guatemala. You guys are awesome thank you for everything.

Love,

Elder White