Elder White in Peten

Monday, May 30, 2011

Elder White Had A BAPTISM!

May 30, 2011

Week 14

Man last week was awesome! On Saturday we baptized Marvin and Zoila. They were the couple we got married like 3 weeks ago. I got to do the ordinance for Zoila, which was so amazing. Such a special experience and I am so glad that I have the opportunity to do this for 2 years.

The week leading up to their baptism was rough. My faith has grown so much this last week. He didn’t feel ready to be baptized until the day of his interview on Friday. We brought in the Branch President who is a super stud. I love him he just was amazing on Friday. I gave him the nickname of "The Closer". It was so awesome. We rode the whole week on faith and it was amazing to see them baptized. Such a special experience.

We have another baptism ´planned for the 11th of June for Oscar and Olga. We received special permission from the mission president to visit them at 7 in order to get them ready. The plan now is that they are going to get married and baptized the same day. That will be an awesome experience. Oscar gave the opening prayer in church on Sunday and wow it was amazing.

We are sure that that was when he got the desire to be married and baptized on the 11th. Because up till yesterday he was always dodgy about putting a date. We had Branch Council yesterday for the first time. We are really starting to get a hang of working with members. So this coming week we have a lot of members coming over to help Oscar and Olga. I got a haircut last Wednesday it feels so good in this heat.

I forgot to tell you about what I had a couple weeks ago. I got to try ceviche which was amazing! I don’t know how to describe it so look it up, but it was delicious. This first change has really blown by. Next Monday we get to go to the ruins of Yaxha for a zone activity I am excited.

I will take lots of pictures. I bought an adapter for my SD cards but the computer is freaking out right now so I cant load up pictures but you guys will get some soon. Thanks for everything and I love you all.

Elder White