Elder White in Peten

Monday, May 2, 2011

ELDER WHITE IS SWEATY!

May 2, 2011

Week 10

Man it is hot and humid here. I am sweating so much everyday, the hills in San Jose are killer but oh well its making me stronger. I love the area we are still getting used to it and trying to get used to it. We have 3 couples who need to get married before we can baptize them, ugh thats gonna be a big problem my whole mission. But with the help of the Lord we can do it.

I email in the Island of Flores which is cool. From San Andres which is right next to San Jose we catch a jalon (hitchhike) to the city. Than from there we take Tuc Tucs to the Internet cafe. I love the trip into the city it is so fun just sittin in the back of a truck looking at the countryside. It really is beautiful here and the people are really friendly.

It is funny because most people wont tell you no to the message just quit paying attention after a while. Me and my companion are working hard we had some awesome success for our first days here. Hopefully we can keep it up and keep working hard. The branch here is pretty big and the church building is super nice. They have an outdoor bball court but we cant play basketball its a mission rule bla. But oh well im all for obedience.

This fast sunday was awesome its been the first sunday where I really fasted hard for purposes. I love fast sundays they are so awesome getting in tune with the Spirit. For fast sundays in Peten we get to drink water still because it is so hot and humid. Here the meal hours are killer. People take an hour to make lunch than another hour to eat it same for dinner. It sucks because when we are out contacting everyone is busy, so we just pray for lessons.

Me and my companion are getting along good, he is a really good guy and is an awesome example for me. I have learned a lot already and can’t wait to keep on learning. Man it is so weird having to buy groceries and cook for ourselves haha it is definitely strange. We cleaned the crap out of the apartment because the last missionaries left it a super mess.

It is so awesome to live right next to a lake though, it’s amazing when you get a glimpse of the lake and how clear it is. Makes me think about how much I will miss swimming. Oh well. I am so excited to be out here and working. It is super tiring though, every night we come home just super exhausted. We heard about Bin Laden today, thats pretty cool.

For Mothers Day is it cool if you guys call at 2 your time which should be 1 my time. Our number here is 4088-8318 I don’t know the whole country code and all that but that is our number for here. I wont be able to do a test call on Saturday so hopefully that number will work. I am excited to hear you guys but It will be really weird hearing yall again. I am so in love with it here with Guatemala and am excited to be a missionary. Thank you so much for everything you guys do and your support. Till next Monday.

Love,

Elder White