Elder White in Peten

Friday, April 29, 2011

ELDER WHITE LOVES GUATEMALA!

April 29, 2011

Week 9 ½

WOOOOOO I am finally out in the field man I am so excited to finally be here. We got some training from the AP´s on Tuesday and met all the trainers. Than on Wednesday we finally found out where we are going and who are trainers are going to be. I was waiting for what seemed like forever during our change meeting as people were getting called. Finally they got to the last zone and it was Peten. I was so happy! I am so excited to be here in Peten out of the city. It is so awesome.

My trainer is Elder Sakievich from Phoenix Arizona. He has been out 9 months and is an awesome Elder. He is super excited for this work and this is his first time being out of the capital. So we are both in a brand new area for us so we are just trying to get ourselves established in the area. Our area is in a town called San Jose in the Peten area. We get some other towns too but we are living in San Jose. Our area is the farthest away from the capital in the mission woo!

We live in an apartment below a store owned by members. It is a nice apartment, although it is pretty dirty from the last missionaries there. So we are going to have to clean up and make it look good. If you want to find it on Google maps it is a orange building right next to a big old soccer field in the city of San Jose. I am so excited to be in this area.

Yesterday me and my companion did a bunch of contacting trying to get some new investigators. We worked our butts off but it was really good. We tought 3 lessons yesterday, one of which was to a progressing investigador that was already there. The area book which has all the info about the people and area, was not very well filled out so we are gonna have a tough time getting this area going. There are 3 progressings investigators in the book but we have only found 1 so far, we are gonna have to go searching. The people are really friendly here which is awesome.

It seems like the main problem will be with couples who arent married just together. We taught 1 of the progressing investigadors last night about this and read the proclamation to the family with them and taught them about the law of chastity. It was very straight forward and the lady is ready to be married and is an awesome investigador, but the man is just scared to pray. He already knows what he needs to do but he doesnt want to do it and get the answer to his prayers. It is frustrating but we will keep on praying and working with him. It is super hot and humid here man I sweat so much, it looks like ima lose a good amount of weight here.

The area is super hilly too, I can’t ever remember walking up hills as steep as some of the hills in the area. The hills will be the death of me haha. But I am so excited to finally be out and working. I am going to work my butt off and not have one regret I cant believe I am finally out here. It is a little overwhelming but with help from my trainer and the lord I will get through it. I am so excited to finally be working.

My PDays will be on Mondays from now on and hopefully wont change but for now my PDays will be on Mondays. As for mothers day I will be calling next Saturday just to check to make sure it will work. And than on Sunday you guys will call that number that I used. So they advise gettting a phone card. So buy a good long phone card for next Sunday. On Monday I will email you regarding when you should call because I need to work it out with my companion. Well I will email you again on Monday. I love you all so much and thank you for all the support. The reliable address for mail and packages from now on will be.

Misión Guatemala Ciudad Norte

Apartado #951-A

Guatemala, Guatemala C.A.

Love,

Elder White