Elder White in Peten

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

ELDER WHITE 1 MORE WEEK!

April 19, 2011

Week 8

Hola,

Well they did it to us again and gave us a Tuesday P-Day. sigh oh well. I am so stoked to get out of the MTC haha. It has been good for me, but I really have gotten tired of teaching fake people. I am ready to do the real thing. I am thankful for the MTC experience though. I have learned so much and my testimony has been so fortified. It really is awesome. Being in a Latino district has its ups and downs. Ups- I learn so much more Spanish everyday is awesome. Downs- going over stuff I already learned. But oh well overall it has been an awesome experience.

Today was my last time going to the Temple for a while, it really is so awesome. I have attended in Spanish the last 3 times I have gone and have understood it. I really have been blessed with my Spanish I am so thankful. Next Tuesday I am out of here! I cant wait to find out what area I am in. I really am freakin out. I am so excited; it is time for the real deal. I know its gonna be overwhelming but I know that the Lord will always be there to help me.

I got to go out proselyting again yesterday which was really fun. Me and my companion got 5 contacts, none really stuck out to me but who knows. It is Holy Week here in Guatemala for Easter Sunday. The Temple was packed as a result of that haha.

I have gained some weight while in the MTC. Eating and sitting really doesnt help. But I expect to lose a bunch out in the field. I am so grateful for the support I have in y'all it really is awesome.

This past Sunday we had a fireside with the MTC Pres. Man is he awesome. Well anyway we talked about vision and having a vision for life. Man I have screwed up and wasted a lot of that, I have my work cut out for me now. I am starting to read Our Search For Happiness in Spanish now, so far it has been really good. I understand most everything, and I am learning so much from it. I have also been diving into the scriptures, they are so awesome! There is such cool stuff in the scriptures. It really is amazing. I still always go back to Alma 29:1-2 when I think about my favorites. Oh if I were and angel! That is what I am going to strive to be; I will have a voice of thunder. The people need this gospel, they will be so happy to have it. But it is up to me to bring it to them that is my job! How awesome is my calling. Thank you so much for that quote from Elder McConkie, mom! It is so awesome.

One thing I have learned while here, is that missionaries all have the authority. But it is up to us to get the power. Once we have power and authority, we will be amazing missionaries. It is our job to get the power so that we may preach with the Spirit.

Well unfortunately I don’t have a lot to say this week, It was a slow week. Once out in the field I know things will pick up I am so excited!!!!

Well I love you all so much.

Elder White