Elder White in Peten

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

ELDER WHITE 2 MORE WEEKS!

April 13, 2011

Week 7

Howdy!!

Man I am so excited right now. Thank you all so much for your emails, they are awesome. This past weekend was so awesome!!!! We had 4 general authorities at our sacrament meeting. The entire Area Presidency and Elder Hinckley the son of President Hinckley!!! Man that was so awesome. I got to sit with him at lunch and talk with him, wow, what an amazing man and the Spirit was just emanating from him. It was so awesome. Afterwards we had a devotional from him. Man that was so awesome, we received some insight into his life and the life of his father, how special. He shared a story about his mother and her struggles before her death during conference weekend.

President Hinckley went to the hospital before conference and made her read a sign they had in their house and it was DOn´t quIT. How cool is that the caps spell out DO IT he told her she had to hold on till after conference weekend. Come Tuesday he had one more meeting and he told her she had to wait till after that than she could go. After the meeting he told her, it is ok to go now. Take a little break, but when I get up there we are gonna get back to work!

What a wonderful blessing we have because of our knowledge of the plan of salvation. Another thing he shared was in the temple. It was the occasion of President Hinckley sealing one of his grand daughters. He said "I have sealed all 5 of my children and all 24 grandchildren in the temple, I don’t think there is a finer thing I have done in my life." WOW how awesome is that. It was funny because during his talk I was thinking to myself how he sounded exactly like his father.

Another new thing is my new Latino Companion. Elder Gomez from Panama. Man he is so quiet it is rough. But he is slowly starting to talk more, I am trying to encourage him all day long. This definitely is a test. I love being in a Latino district, I learn so much more Spanish. I am immersed and I am loving it.

I really feel like am will be ready when I get out of here. 2 more weeks!!! woooo! I cant wait. Thank you so much for the easter package it is so awesome, I have been craving some candy haha. From now on my address will be 5ta ave 5-55 Zona 14 Edif. Europlaza, Torre 1 oficina 1202 B. Nivel. 12 Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. That is the address for the mission home. And all dearelders should be addressed to the guat north mission now.

Last night we watched a devotional from Jeffrey R. Holland in the MTC in Jan 11 2011. Man do I love him. His way of chastising us with love. I love it so much. He really inspires me. Well anyway he told the story about Peter after the death of Christ. In the last chapter of John I think. Well anyways he was talking about missionaries who come home and go inactive. Well Peter said I go a fishing. Long story short they meet Christ and he asks 3 times Lovest thou me? every time Peter said yes. Than Christ said feed my sheep. I will always be a missionary. I will never go back to old ways. This is my turning point, and I am called as a missionary till death. It wont always be with the title of Elder but I will always be a missionary.

I am so glad for the opportunity. I really love attending the temple every week. I have gone in Spanish the last 2 weeks which has been fun and I can understand everything. I am so excited.

Ashley!! I am so excited for your decision. Keep me informed how it turns out; I am sending a letter this week. Dad, no sign of the volcano from here. It hasn´t been very clear. I have 2 more weeks and man I am stoked. An Elder from the north mission was here yesterday and he was here for a rabies shot haha. His leg was all bit up from dogs so I am ready to kick some dogs.

Umm last thursday our mission presidents came and visited us. That was really cool to get some insight into the mission. I can´t wait!!!! I am dying here just going crazy. But I know it is for my own good. I can always use more practice.

You guys are awesome, I pray for all of you all the time. I encourage everyone to read Alma 32 I am in love with that chapter right now. Mom I will pray for you and your awesome activity good luck. You are all amazing and keep me going. Thank you so much. I know this Church is true. I know that this is the restored gospel. We have a prophet on this earth. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Testimonies will come to all those who seek it. Don’t expect it to come quick though. It will be like a sunrise. I love you all so much.

Elder White.