Elder White in Peten

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Elder White In Guatemala

March 16, 2011

Hola!

I made it safe, and man I am so excited. It is amazing here. I am super tired from the travel and lack of sleep, but oh well life goes on.

The MTC here is awesome, we are right next to the temple it is so beautiful. The weather is beautiful; I have fallen in love.

I was supposed to be in a North American district for all 6 weeks, but they decided to put me into a Native district after 3 weeks. I feel that my Spanish is doing awesome so I am really excited for this opportunity!

I’m so glad to finally be here. People are all amazed at my height. It is hilarious.

We speak nothing but Spanish here. It is awesome. There are 13 other Elderes y 5 Hermanas who arrived with us. They are all from beginning Spanish so their language is pretty spotty. There was one guy who I roomed with in Provo who is here also.

I am so excited in 2 weeks they will start letting us loose out into the world, haha. We will get to do contacts in plazas, I can´t wait. I am so excited and am so ready to learn more. The food here is delicious, so much better than Provo. My last American meal was a Big Mac meal from McDonalds in the LA airport. haha. Delicious.

While here we all going to have a English Companion and a Native Companion. It´s gonna be so awesome. We are gonna be learning Spanish so quick.

My MTC address here is Boulevard Vista Hermosa 23-71, zona 15 Vista Hermosa I. Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. Don´t address it to Elder David White, just my name.

I love it here and look forward to being immersed in the culture and the language. I wanna share a quote that was on the back of our bus that took us to the MTC here. It said

" Don´t tell God how tough your problems are, tell your problems how tough your God is."

I love that quote. Well, I love you all and will talk to you next Wednesday.

Love,

Elder David White.