Elder White in Peten

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Elder White

March 8, 2011

Week 2

Hey y'all,

Man this 2nd week flew by. There is a saying that the days go by like weeks and the weeks go by like days. Totally true. I love it here at the MTC. I am still amazed that there are two thousand missionaries here, all for the same purpose. Last Tuesday we sang "Come Thou Fount" in the MTC choir. There is something amazing about 600 Elders and Sisters singing that song. The Spirit was overwhelming! I love the Spirit. It is so amazing here at the MTC there is never a moment that goes by where the Spirit doesn't touch in you in some way or another. I have gone to the Provo Temple twice now, WOW it is amazing, and so big. I love going to the temple and the Spirit that it brings.

Soooo, me and my companion got called zone leaders, yikes. We are in charge of over 60 Elders in our Branch, haha good luck to us. I leave next Tuesday at 9:55 PM for Guatemala, head over to LA than fly down and get to Guatemala at 5:30 AM the following day. I am so excited but I will miss my companion Elder Bockelman. We are doing so good, it is awesome. It's amazing how far I have come since I got here, just thinking back over the past 2 weeks and how much I learned has blown my mind. I know that the Lord blesses his children if they are involved in righteous endeavors. The gospel is truly amazing; I can't believe that I have taken it for granted for the majority of my life.

Me and my companion did our first lesson in Spanish last Friday in the TRC (Teaching Resource Center) We felt like we dominated it, the Spirit guided us and instead of teaching a lesson, we taught a person. We ended up inviting our investigadors to church and they accepted. I hope that I can have this success with real investigadors instead of volunteers but hey, it still felt good. The Spanish is coming a long, still stressful but definitely coming along. Me and my companion are working on the 2nd lesson, the Plan of Salvation. Man that one is a doozy, really tough to teach simply to investigadors. Every day here is so busy, but the Lord is on our side and blesses us.

In the Temple today I was reading in Alma 29? I think. Alma 29:2 is the scripture, I think. But anyways, it talks about proclaiming the gospel and it describes in there that we should be as a "voice of thunder". I know I am definitely gonna try and keep that in mind. Just be confident in our beliefs and what we know. I have realized that there is nothing better than a testimony to bring the Spirit. You can never bare your testimony enough; there is always room for more. My testimony has grown so much and I am so grateful for it. I love the gospel and the peace it brings to us.

Yo se que vive mi Senor. Yo se que nuestro proposíto in este vida es que nosotros somos feliz. Yo se que mediante el Expíacion, todos personas podrían regresare a nuestro Padre Celestial. Yo se que tenemos el evangelio restaurado en la tierra hoy. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es un otro testemante de Jesu Cristo. Se que si tiene preguntas, puede orar a Dios y Dios va a dar un respuesto. Yo se que mediante el Espiritu Santo nosotros podemos ser todas cosas que necisitan. Yo se que Dios nos ama. Dice estas cosas en el nombre de Jesu Cristo, amen.

Hopefully it’s not too bad, it's a work in progress. Tell everyone that I love them so much and that the gospel is true.

Love,

Elder David White