Elder White in Peten

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Elder White FINAL WEEK IN PROVO MTC

March 15, 2011

Week 3

Well today I leave for Guatemala, woohoo!!

I am a little nervous about it but I know that I will be fine. Yesterday we watched a talk that Jeffrey R. Holland gave in 2000 at an MTC Devotional. It was amazing! He talked about how influential his mission was to his entire life. I really love the way Jeffrey R. Holland talks, unapologetically strong and to the point. The main message I got out of it was about how hard it is going to be.

He asked the question, ¨Why does the mission have to be hard¨ He went on to answer it saying that salvation isn´t cheap. How true is that. I have such a strong testimony of Christ´s atonement now. It´s amazing to think about the pain he suffered for us. He conquered both physical death and spiritual death for us. He felt every pain that ever was or ever will be, because he loved us.

"How dare we ask to not even feel a fraction of what Christ felt for us!" is another thing he said. How true is that! Life is hard but it is easy with the help of the Lord. We all suffer, and it is through that suffering that we can grow. I love that message.

Another quote from the talk was "Welcome to the big time, welcome to the church, welcome to the gospel, WELCOME TO THE LIFE OF THE SAVIOR" I cap that because it is true. Life will always be hard but with the help of Christ and Heavenly Father all things are possible.

Tomorrow morning I will be in Guatemala City and in Guatemala for the next 2 years. I am so excited for this opportunity and know that I will grow tremendously. I know that in the 3 weeks I have been here, I have grown by leaps and bounds. I cannot even begin to measure it.

I know that the Lord blesses his children if they work hard. The Lord won't bless those who sit on their butts and feel sorry for themselves, but if we are feeling down that is the time where we need to work the hardest. I am so thankful for the example of my family. I took it for granted, but now I realize how amazing this gospel is. It truly is the true gospel.

I love the opportunity to serve the Lord. 2 years is a long time but I know that it will fly by if we all work. I am so excited to share the Gospel and its many blessing with those in Guatemala. "We are dealing with the salvation of a human soul" -Jeffrey R. Holland.

I know that the Lord prepares a way for the gospel to be shared. We are all missionaries in this Church and I know that we don't have to be scriptorians who know the scriptures backwards and forwards. Truth is not words; truth is revelation. We don't need to know every little aspect of the church to teach. We just need to be a vessel for the Spirit. I can say whatever words I want, but if the Spirit isn't in the room nobody will be converted. I know that that is true. We teach by the Spirit, not by our knowledge. The gospel doesn't have to be big and complex, why make it? We need to be simple in the Gospel, through small and simple things great things come to pass. The Lord will make up our weaknesses I know it.

I have grown to love my companion here in the MTC. Elder Bockelman is a great man and has pushed me to become better. It is awesome, and I know it was inspired

I love each one of you, and so does the Lord. We need to trust in him and have faith that he will help us. Life is hard, but salvation isn't cheap. We must work to get blessings.

Yo se que vive mi Senor, yo se que mediante la expiacion de JesuCristo podemos regresar a nuestro amoroso Padre Celestial, se que la vida esta dificil pero si tenemos fe en la Expiacion podemos tener exito, se que Dios nos ama, y porque nos ama el quiere que nosotros tenemos exito. Si obedemos a los mandamientos y oramas toda la dia va a tener el Espiritu. Digo estas cosas en el nombre de JesuCristo, amen.

Love,

Elder White