Elder White in Peten

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ELDER WHITE LOVES GUATEMALA!

March 23, 2011

Week 4

Hola,

I am so excited to finally be in Guatemala! It is so amazing here. The food is so much better than in Provo, which is awesome. Here we are paired with a Norte Americano comp, mine is Elder Smith from Fredericksburg Virginia. Then I get 2 Latino comps who I am always with outside of class. It is awesome!!!! I love it so much. I love Spanish so much; it’s the greatest language in the world. The Spanish has come so fast here. The Latinos consider me fluent now. It is so fun talking to them. I noticed that Americans are just super stuck up, but Latinos are the most humble, amazing people ever. I love each one of them so much. I only talk Spanish here, and it is the most fun I have had in a long time. I have become really good friends with a lot of the Latinos.

Early this week, maybe Monday, we went to the Temple for 45 min to just talk to the people there. It was SO fun. I was on a roll talking to everyone there. It was so amazing. People here are just so friendly its awesome. There were a bunch of kids there too and they all had Future Missionary placas on, it was so cool. The members here are so strong it’s amazing.

We had the Area Seventy here last night for a devotional. His name was Elder Falavela from the 1st quorum. It was so cool listening to it without having to use a headset. I have been really blessed to be able to understand Spanish so well and to be able to speak it. There are probably around 50 Elders and Hermanas here. I am bummed I have to stay here for 5 more weeks but in 2 weeks I get to be in a Latino district and learn with them.

I am so excited to get into the field and share this wonderful blessing we have. I love talking to random strangers when we walk to and from places around the CCM. We are gonna be able to go the plaza in 2 weeks with Latinos to contact, I am so excited for it.

I think I will still be able to get Dear Elders in the field since we have a CCM here in Guatemala, so that is cool.

I am so excited to hear about the Elledges and Jordan Schmucker. Tell them that it really the greatest thing in the world right now even though I’m not in the field, I still believe it. I play soccer every morning with the Latinos, it is so fun. I am always the goalie because I’m so big.

I love the atmosphere here, and the weather is BEAUTIFUL! It is so awesome, every day me and Elder Smith study outside. It is so fun here and I love learning new stuff. I can´t wait to get into the field, but I know that I need more work. I get to go the Temple today, I am so excited to see the inside. I can´t wait. I love you all so much and will email again next week.

Love, Elder White